Emma from Nudge is presenting at The Hub, Melbourne at the end of August about how small businesses can turn their business story into numbers.
Managing your businesses numbers is so important but many small business owners don’t know where to start. And even if they have their numbers, they don’t know what to make of them. This presentation is about helping you to love the numbers and understand how to use them to make better business decisions. Some of the key learnings that small business owners will take away are:
- How your numbers will help you run a better small business
- What are the key steps to preparing and forecasting your business numbers
- How to make sense of your business’ numbers
Small business owners also have the opportunity to bring their business story (such as how your business is tracking and where you want to be) and Emma will help turn this story into numbers.
The event will be held at The Hub, Melbourne on 30 August between 4pm and 6pm. Tickets to the event can be purchased here
When not managing Client Happiness at Nudge Accounting, Emma teaches at the University of Technology, Sydney in Small Business Accounting.
p.s. It’s great that the booking platform for this event is from one of our amazing clients, WeTeachMe.
Nudge are looking for an amazing senior accountant / supervisor to bring their own magic to the Nudge team.
So why join Nudge? Nudge loves having conversations with start-ups and small businesses about making better business decisions. We have some amazing clients that believe in what we offer and have jumped on board including Jack Delosa @ The Entourage, Darcy Naunton @ York Butter Factory, Lorraine Murphy @ The Remarkables Group and Matt Beech @ ShoeString. We also have been featured in @BizSpark_AU, ShoeString, StartUp Smart and Kochie’s Business Builders and want you to get involved.
So what type of magic are we looking for:
- Are you passionate about start-ups & small businesses?
- Do you have business services / tax experience?
- Currently a senior accountant / supervisor and want to make a name for yourself?
- Are you studying / or recently completed your CA or CPA?
- Do you love to communicate both with clients and through different media channels!
- Someone that just loves to have a laugh
Do you have what it takes? And the confidence to work with leading start-ups and small businesses in Australia?
Get in touch at @nudgeaccounting or email@example.com.
“Budgets and the story of your business in numbers” was our article this month for leading Start-Up publication, Shoe String. Why? Because so many start-ups and small businesses don’t have an effective budget in place. And to help me out, Aaron stepped into my shoes to talk about a presentation on budgets he gave to The Entourage’s Scalable and Saleable program.
Why do we think budgets are so important? Because they map out the strategy of your business into numbers. After all, that’s what drives your business to success.
So what are the reasons for start-ups and small businesses to have a budget:
- You need to work out whether your start-up business can be sustainable / profitable
- It helps you keep yourself accountable to the targets you have set
- To help track your operations and the costs you have to meet
Continue reading “Budgets. The Story of your Business in Numbers! Nudge in Shoestring”