We all know that big businesses have lots of resources available to them that a small business can only dream of. But something that we can learn from big business is to focus on what adds value to the customer and get experts in other fields to do the rest.
- If we are not good at website design, do we go about making our own website?
- If we need help designing a logo, do we do it ourselves or give it to the experts?
- If we are not good at accounting, why are we doing it?
In big businesses, they are able to employ experts in a variety of fields to help them achieve the best outcomes for their business.
But we all know that all these costs can add up to a fair bit of money. However, there are a variety of tools and platforms available now that are significantly reducing these costs and can really help a small business look like a big business.
- Professional website design can be done for a couple of thousand dollars and give a result that looks fantastic. One tip is to go in with a rough idea of how you want your website to look. This initial planning can save you hundreds of dollars or more, and will ensure your preferences are integrated into the final look.
- Logo design for your small business can be done for the fraction of the cost at an online outsourcing site such as 99 designs or freelancer. Plus you have the added benefit that they will turn around designs within days, not weeks or months.
- And accounting, well Nudge can do your accounting. For a low monthly price, we do all your bookkeeping, accounting and tax each month. Finally, there is someone there for small business to give them what they need at really affordable rates.
So next time you are doing something you’re not an expert at, think whether you can get someone to do the job for you so you can focus on what gives value to your business and its customers.