Emma from Nudge is presenting at The Hub, Melbourne at the end of August about how small businesses can turn their business story into numbers.
Managing your businesses numbers is so important but many small business owners don’t know where to start. And even if they have their numbers, they don’t know what to make of them. This presentation is about helping you to love the numbers and understand how to use them to make better business decisions. Some of the key learnings that small business owners will take away are:
- How your numbers will help you run a better small business
- What are the key steps to preparing and forecasting your business numbers
- How to make sense of your business’ numbers
Small business owners also have the opportunity to bring their business story (such as how your business is tracking and where you want to be) and Emma will help turn this story into numbers.
The event will be held at The Hub, Melbourne on 30 August between 4pm and 6pm. Tickets to the event can be purchased here
When not managing Client Happiness at Nudge Accounting, Emma teaches at the University of Technology, Sydney in Small Business Accounting.
p.s. It’s great that the booking platform for this event is from one of our amazing clients, WeTeachMe.
We are often asked about the types of software we use within Nudge. Why, because being an online accounting firm, the systems we use are really important to us.
When we look at software, some things we consider are:
- Everything we do is for our customers. What do they want or what do they use.
- What are the most efficient systems available in the market? It makes sense for our clients and it makes sense to us.
- Cloud based systems are changing the way business is done, and the way accountants treat businesses. How can we offer our customers a better experience
When it comes to the type of accounting software that we use with our customers, there were many options we had to consider. But the two stand-out options for Nudge were Xero and MYOB. Continue reading “Why MYOB and Xero. Why not MYOB or Xero?”
This week Nudge Accounting was featured in StartUpSmart.
The article discusses how we turned around one of our biggest challenges to make it our “Best mistake”.
Some key points we were able to take away from our best mistake were:
- Communication is one of the most critical parts of business. Getting it right needs to be with a whole-of-business approach, all the time
- Inject your key differentiators into the message straight away to capture attention, Otherwise the opportunity could be lost.
- Highlight the problem your audience has. Only when they understand their problem, can you provide the solution
We were lucky to have our communication mistake picked up by a presenter at a workshop during Small business month – we are pleased to say this presenter with his own small business has become a nudge client.